International Salon of Haute Horlogerie 2015
The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie celebrated its quarter-century this year.
This exhibition taking place yearly in Geneva during the month of January, brings together in a very selective atmosphere Haute Horlogerie brands, professionals, collectors coming to watch the latest novelties in watchmaking.
Exhibiting in a private view the products with high technical value and expertise in artistic designs of the following 16 brands: A. Lange & Söhne, Audemars Piguet, Baume & Mercier, Cartier, Greubel Forsey, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Montblanc, Officine Panerai, Parmigiani Fleurier, Piaget, Ralph Lauren Watch &Jewelry Co, Richard Mille, Roger Dubuis, Vacheron Constantin, Van Cleef & Arpels.
A. Lange & Söhne
Zeitwerk Minute Repeater
© A. Lange & Söhne
A new sound of time, the first Lange watch with a decimal minute repeater. In the exalted category of chiming wristwatches, the Zeitwerk Minute Repeater is a technical sensation: articulately designed, it combines a mechanical jumping numerals display with a decimal minute repeater for the first time. With its supremely legible, precisely jumping numerals, this model has become an icon of a brand rich in tradition.
© Audemars Piguet
The unique oval case, traditional dial motifs and 18 carats pink gold form, keep the millenary in beautiful shape, water resistant to 20m, while a new “quadriannual” calendar function requires adjusting just once every leap year. Advanced precision comes In the form of The Audemars Piguet escapement and double balance spring, integrated within the caliber 2905/B01 movement. Gold white enamel dial and small seconds counter, black Roman numerals, blackened gold hands. Hand-stitched “large square scale” brown alligator strap with 18-carat pink gold. AP folding clasp.
Baume & Mercier
Classima Women Quartz Steel, Moon Phases
© Baume & Mercier
The pure lines of this creative yet dainty new 36.5 mm-diameter steel model embody an original vision of feminine elegance. Its moon phase display appears at the heart of a large aperture at 12 o’clock, set against a star-studded midnight blue background, accentuating the bluish shimmering reflections of the natural mother of pearl dial. Extremely seductive and playing on symbolic allusions to femininity, this watch, on which the «night star» is magnified by the presence of 8 diamond-set indexes, lives in step with a Swiss Made quartz movement. Fitted with an extremely chic glossy blue alligator strap, it will enjoy the privilege of witnessing its owner’s many joys and satisfactory experiences.
Rotonde De Cartier Grande Complication watch calibre 9406 MC
Rotonde de Cartier Grande Complication Skeleton watch minute repeater, flying tourbillon, perpetual calendar, skeleton, self winding caliber 9406 MC, certified «Poinçon de Genève», 45 mm case in 950‰ platinum, Beaded crown in 950‰ platinum set with a blue sapphire cabochon, Baton-shaped, apple and hammer hands in blued steel Black alligator skin strap, Crystal and case back in sapphire.
Water-resistant: -30 meters
From its design to its final assembly, the Rotonde de Cartier Grande Complication is the ultimate expression of exceptional craftsmanship perfected by Cartier’s master watchmakers. By combining the three most prestigious Fine Watchmaking complications in an extra-flat self-winding movement, and by making this technical prowess visible with incredibly fine skeletonisation, Cartier reaffirms its leading role as a creator of watches boasting ambition and excellence.
© Greubel Forsay
22 pieces in platinum, pink gold PVD treatment movement.
Mechanical hand-wound movement with patented tourbillon Caliber GF05, 2nd time zone GMT display, Tourbillon 24 Seconds, titanium rotating globe with universal time display, 24 time zone worldtime display, summer time indicator, worldtime disc with summer time zones, day-and-night indicator, power-reserve indicator, hour and minute display, small second indicator, GMT pusher, equatorial synthetic sapphire crystal lateral window.
© IWC Shaffhausen
The new Portugieser collection comes with a host of technological and design modifications as well as new features, to celebrate the 75th birthday of an icon. Mechanical movement, Pellaton automatic winding, power reserve display, annual calendar with displays for the date, day and month, small hacking seconds at 9 o’ clock. Breguet spring, see-through sapphire glass back, Rotor with 18 carat gold medallion case in stainless steel, midnight blue dial, black alligator leather strap, folding clasp in stainless steel.
© Jaeger LeCoultre
- Movement: Automatic, Jaeger-LeCoultre Caliber 935, 43-hour power reserve, 28,800 vibrations per hour, 41 jewels.
- Function: Hours, minutes, moon phases, Rendez-vous indicator
- Case: 18 carat white gold, diameter: 39 mm, Sapphire crystal
- Water-resistance: 50 meters for 39 mm
- Dial: Blue, gem-set, Mother-of-pearl moon disc
- Hands: Hours and minutes: floral-type
- Crowns: A crown at 2 o’clock to adjust the rendez-vous indicator and a second crown at 4 o’clock to adjust the time and the moon phases
- Gem-setting: 39mm, 208 diamonds, approx. 2.86cts
- Straps: Navy blue satin
Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Cylindrique Geosphères Vasco da Gama
- Movement Montblanc Manufacture Calibre MB M68.40
- Type of movement Hand-wound mechanical movement with one-minute tourbillon and cylindrical hairspring; triple time zone with local-time, home time and world time indication
- No. of rubies 18
- Power reserve Approx. 48 hours
- Case 18-karat red gold (5N)
- Crystal Scratch-resistant, domed sapphire crystal with antireflective treatment on both surfaces
- Back 18-karat red gold (5N) back with 24 cities of both hemispheres engraved and with inset pane of sapphire crystal
- Dimensions Diameter = 47 mm, height = 15.38 mm
- Strap Hand-sewn black alligator-skin strap
- Limitation 18 pieces
Mare Nostrum Titanium Panerai
© Officine Panerai
The new Mare Nostrum Titanio is a Special Edition of the greatest interest, consisting of only 150 units. It faithfully reproduces the 1943 model, updating it to the highest standards of today’s high quality watchmaking and with some fundamental differences compared to the original.
Movement: Hand-wound mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP XXV caliber. Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph with two counters. Case: 52 mm, brushed titanium. Dial: Brown on two levels with luminous Arabic numerals and hour markers. Minute counter at 3 o’clock, seconds at 9 o’clock, central chronograph hand. Power reserve: 55h. Water-resistance: – 30 meters.
© Parmigiani Fleurier
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of its partnership with Bugatti, Parmigiani Fleurier is offering three limited edition timepieces dedicated to the legend of Molsheim.
Each of these exceptional pieces illustrates a different aspect of the automotive world that has stimulated watchmaking creativity over the past decade. Much more than simply a watch stamped with a car logo, the timepieces in the Bugatti collection embody the car in the form of a watch.
The Bugatti Mythe, which represents the marriage between industry and craftsmanship in the automotive world, is based aesthetically on the emblematic radiator grille that typified the Bugatti Type 57. The vertical bar design of its grille is echoed on the dial of the new watch, giving it a distinctively Art Deco style.
Emperador Coussin 1270S
Ultra-thin Tourbillon Automatic Skeleton
Classic pink gold interpretation with a movement entirely made of gold combining traditional craftsmanship, with a design distinguished by its contemporary stylistic purity. This horological artistry is housed inside a cushion-shaped case in 18-carat pink gold measuring 46.5 mm in diameter and fitted with a brown alligator strap secured by a gold folding clasp.
- Size: 46.5 mm
- Case in 18K pink gold, Sapphire Caseback
- Movement: Manufacture Piaget 1270S, mechanical automatic
- Functions: hours and minutes, tourbillon at 1 o’clock
- Power reserve: approx. 40h
- Number of jewels: 35
- Pink gold version: hand-bevelled and polished satin-brushed mainplate, hand-bevelled and polished satin-brushed bridges, hand-drawn mainplate and bridges, pink gold screws with blind-hole, mirror-polished screw feet, satin-brushed wheels, bevelled and satin-brushed barrel, guilloché pink gold satin-brushed, hand-bevelled and polished oscillating weight.
RL Automotive skeletton
© Ralph Lauren
The new RL Automotive Skeleton features an open-worked, hand-wound mechanical movement. The caliber RL1967 is the first open-worked movement Ralph Lauren has ever presented. The depth of the movement is accentuated with a black finish on the plate and bridges, which offers a subtle contrast to the black finish on the stainless steel shot-blasted case. The letters “RL” at 12 o’clock, on a circular element slightly offset from the mainspring barrel, are a proud statement of creative integrity. The steel and brass elements of the gear train, as well as the large balance oscillating at 18,000 vph and the sword-shaped, black oxidized hands coated with beige Super-LumiNova® further enrich the visual experience. The composition is framed by a lustrous amboyna burl bezel.
© Roger Dubuis
Having firmly established itself as the pioneer of contemporary skeleton calibers and a specialist in architectural and technical mechanics, in 2015 Manufacture Roger Dubuis is celebrating its «year of the skeleton» with a charismatic line-up of models. The calibers themselves feature the instantly recognizable star shape, that are the natural signature of Roger Dubuis unique skeleton movements. Moreover, several tips of the star point to hour-markers, once again highlighting an exceptional ability to combine original and visually appealing design effects with clarity, readability and functionality.
Harmony Dual Time 2460 DT Caliber
© Vacheron Constantin
Caliber 2460DT, developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- Mechanical, self-winding, 28 mm diameter
- 5.4 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve, 27 jewels
- Gold rotor decorated with a dedicated 260th anniversary pattern.
- Indications: Hours, minutes, Center seconds, 2nd time zone, Day/night indication
- Case 18K 5N pink gold
- Transparent sapphire crystal case back
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure (approx. 30 meters)
- Dial Silvered opaline, blue painted Arabic numerals
- Gold sun and moon
- Strap Brown Mississippiensis alligator leather, hand-stitched, saddle-finish, large square scales.
Van Cleef & Arpels
Charms Extraordinaire Désir watch
© Van Cleef & Arpels
- White gold case, 32mm diameter, bezel set with diamonds, pink and purple sapphires; white gold rotating charm, purple and yellow sapphires.
Dial: mother-of-pearl, white gold, miniature painting in volume, miniature painting on sculpted mother-of-pearl,
cabochonné enamel, pink sapphires, amethysts, yellow gold
Case back: engraved gold echoing the emblematic flower of the dial
Interchangeable shiny pink alligator bracelet, white gold pin buckle set with diamonds