Galaxy Fold Ready for Launch starting from September
At Samsung, pioneering the next generation of mobile innovation is our focus: new products and technologies that push the entire industry forward. Earlier this year, we announced Galaxy Fold, Samsung’s first foldable device, and the beginning of an entirely new mobile category. Since then, we’ve made improvements to the Galaxy Fold to ensure consumers have the best possible experience.
Improvements on the device
Samsung has taken the time to fully evaluate the product design, make necessary improvements and run rigorous tests to validate the changes we made. These design and construction improvements include:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
More Apps and Services
Along with these improvements, Samsung has also been continuously working to improve the overall Galaxy Fold user experience. The Korean giant is optimizing more apps and services for its unique foldable UX. Samsung is conducting final product tests to make Galaxy Fold available to consumers starting from September in select markets. Availability details will be shared as we get closer to launch.
Galaxy Fold completely reimagines the smartphone, changing the way you interact, communicate and experience everyday life. Precisely refined, slender and encased in luxuriously finished materials, with Galaxy Fold the consumer has whatever he needs in the palm of his hand. One can access the essentials on the cover display while holding Galaxy Fold comfortably in one hand, and opening it up to use multiple apps at once. Now, with Galaxy Fold, one can review charts, talk on a video call, and search for information, all at once.